It’s officially concert season semi post-COVID! With more and more people venturing out into the world these days, a lot of stress can come from attending a crowded event (such as a concert). To avoid this stress as much as humanly possible, try out these tips when going to a concert in the coming new year:
- Go to concerts with people that you are comfortable around. If you go with a person you barely know, you won’t be able to enjoy the concert as much as you would if you were with a best friend or family member.
- Make sure you listen to the performer’s music prior to going to a concert … if you’re able to sing along with the artist’s music while they’re performing, you’re sure to have a fantastic time!
- Ensure that you’re hydrating yourself throughout the entirety of the concert … the stage and surrounding areas can get very warm due to spotlights and all the people attending the concert. You definitely don’t want to miss the artist’s performance, so make sure you hydrate a lot throughout the duration of the festivities!
Studies have shown that concerts are fantastic for improving mental health and social interactions between people … the mental aspect comes from the fact that music itself causes adrenaline and positive endorphins to run through one’s brain, which causes a person to feel happy and cheerful. The social aspect of concerts is derived from people going to the festivities with their friends and making happy memories (which ties into the positive mental aspect as well).
With many bands and artists announcing upcoming tours, here’s an exciting sneak peek of what’s to come to Philly next year:
- Kacey Musgraves will be singing songs from her latest album, Star-Crossed, in Philly on 1/26/2022.
- Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia will be coming to town on 2/19/2022.
- Tyler, The Creator will be performing his new album, Call Me If You Get Lost, on 3/6/2022.
- Conan Gray’s first album, Kid Know, will be coming on tour in Philadelphia starting 3/13/22.
- Ashe will be performing Ashlynn in Philly on 4/27/2022.
- jxdn recently wrote Tell Me About Tomorrow, which will be the star of the stage on 4/30/2022.
- Olivia Rodrigo will be promoting her award-winning first album, Sour, on her tour in Philly from 5/6-7/2022.
- AJR will be performing their new album, OK Orchestra, on 5/15/2022.
- ColdPlay will be promoting their new album, Music of the Spheres, in Philly on 6/8/22.
- Wallows’ Nothing Happens album will be taking the stage in Philly on 6/23/2022.
- 5 Seconds of Summer, one of the most anticipated tours of 2022, will be performing songs from their new album, Calm, on 7/6/2022.
- Shawn Mendes’ Wonder is coming to Philly on 8/2/2022.
These are just a few people coming to Philly to perform — as more places and arenas open back up to the public, there will be many other exciting performers coming to town … be on the lookout for other fantastic performances in 2022 and beyond!